Availability and benevolence are the keywords.
The inventory is drawn up in writing, contradictorily between the owner and the tenant, when the vehicle is picked up and returned. For each rental, we provide the checklist and the contract in duplicate.
You must carry out this step with care to protect yourself against any dispute in the event of abnormal wear, malfunction, or damage to the vehicle.
- Allow between 1 hour and 1 hour and a half for the outward and return trips to get a good grip of the vehicle with your tenants and a complete inventory.
An adequate inventory of fixtures is carried out in the light of day. When this is not possible, it is advisable to find a well-lit place or, failing this, to provide torches.
- Demonstrate how the equipment works and the specifics of your vehicle to support your explanations.
- Complete the two copies of the contract together on the outward and return journey.
- Take pictures before and after the rental.
- Walk around the vehicle, inside and out.
- Be careful with oral agreements. The contract is there to frame the rental. You must note any agreement on return.
Do not hesitate to contact our customer service team who will be able to advise you.
Find all our advice and tools for carrying out your inventory in our blog article.
You can also download our app, which allows you to make your inventory efficiently.